UFE SHOWDOWN

Friday, April 19, 2013

9 weeks out!

Sunday we headed down to Niagara, we went to Brasa Brazilian steak house, it was an awesome experience and the food was soooo good!! I do have to mention that Sunday was officially my last day of having cheat meals so no more cheats for me! and I'm so happy to have spent it with my hubby and our best friend Alex! I'm ready to focus more than ever in the next 9 weeks.

Every day that my eyes have opened I'm thinking about how great I'm going to feel this day, before I step out of bed I lay there reflecting on everything that I've accomplished and meditate on the things I need to do to reach my goals. I think about all the blessings I have in my life right now and how much I love to motivate and push my friends to do the same, its such a rewarding feeling knowing I'm paying it forward, like I always say, I want to share this feeling, this moment in time with anyone who wants and needs a change in there life and I love being part of that.

I never imagined I would take away so much from this experience, to me its become so much more than my bikini competition, its become a movement, a movement to help others, to reach out to everyone, to lend a hand and to make a difference in someones life, even if its just one person or many. I've taken away so much from the last 4 months, I never imagined in my life to start a year on the right foot and the only way that was possible was to stay focused on what I needed to do to reach my existing goals. I know in life we all go thru hardships, tough times are tough to over come and when you have someone that can stand beside you and hold your hand thru those times, it makes a world of a difference when you finally reach a level where you can move on. Scars will never go away but as we know, there constant reminders of how far we've come and what we have endured in our own journey thru life. I always remember that when you strive, other people watch and unknowingly you're helping them come out of that dark place they could be going thru in there life. We are living in tough times, where its difficult to think positive, everywhere we turn there's more drama or negativity that it does take a toll on our mental state, I've learned that limiting these things is key. I have full control of what I allow and don't allow in "my world" and so does everyone else. Choose what you need in your life and what you don't. Cleansing doesn't just have to be internal, it also needs to be physical. It doesn't mean your going to pick and choose whose in your life; what I mean is, what will you pay attention to, will you allow it to control your emotions, feelings and thoughts? Knowing when to step back and giving yourself a breather will allow you to take control of how you feel in order for you to move forward. Never allow anyone to keep you from achieving what you want and need in your life. We've all heard it before "life is short" it definitely is, but we have the opportunity to make everyday count. It doesn't matter how old we are, what counts is what we've done, what we've accomplished, what do we see when we reflect on our own life? Make it count. That's my 2 cents.

Moving on, I have decided that in loo of being 9 weeks out, I will be changing from 1 month progress pics to every 2 weeks up until competition, I may keep you guys hanging the last 2 weeks out and then post pics from the show! lol or do sneak peaks :)

Saturday I was at Spring bash and it was an eye opener to me. I realized how focused and calm I have to be on the day of competition. The slightest stress can effect your entire show and also your hormonal balance and it will show in your tan. I was honoured to be working with the best lady; Louise Dudley from Monaco sun (2nd from the left) (https://www.facebook.com/#!/airbrushtan.monacosun) along with Nicki (far right) who is also a competitor. I met amazingly knowledgeable people like Janet (far left) I was able to see how the tanning works out. Louise is by far the best woman to go to for tanning. I've never really seen a spray tan and always thought it was awful, but Louise uses the best of the best products! the tan was even and it has a glow to it, it was the best tan I've ever seen! NO UV TANNING NEEDED. What I learned was how important exfoliating is, not that I don't exfoliate, but its important to achieve that perfect tan.
My mentor and friend; Diana Araujo came in second place! she looked absolutely stunning!!!! Believe me when I say, when you look at the models in OXYGEN magazine, they actually look like that in real life! Diana is the sweetest girl, shes so confidant on stage, shes such a good example for me, shes the full package. Daastan Noor came in first place! I want to extend my congrats to him not only on placing but also for winning the UFE really BIG contest, his hard work, dedication and persistence truly is paying off, he's a true testament that dreams don't need to stay as just dreams, when we work hard and give it 110% every time we will reach for the stars every time! Congrats to Diana and Dastaan as well as all the other competitors at Spring bash.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment