UFE SHOWDOWN

Friday, April 12, 2013

a day in the life of a first time bikini competitor

What a week its been!! cravings like you have no idea, every week it gets worse! lol But it won't get to me!! I know what I want to look like on the UFE stage! talking about UFE stage, I'm soooo exciting about UFE Spring bash tomorrow April 13 2013! in Mississauga. I'm eager to meet Diana Araujo! shes one of the bikini competitors, shes super sweet and so disciplined a great example for me shes not new to the bikini competition but it is her first time on the UFE stage and I'm rooting for her, shes awesome!

I get asked how I have time in the day to prep for my bikini competition and I wanted to share with you what my typical day is like. As you know, diet is difficult to follow at times but it does become a habit of prepping meals and being on the defence all day everyday with food that surrounds you that is not part of your diet. I always say to myself "don't think twice, don't waste time" and multi-tasking is key to getting stuff done. So, here it is a typical day in the life of a first time bikini competitor.

6AM- ALARM CLOCK RINGS
6:05AM- GET GYM CLOTHES ON
6:15AM-  IN THE BATHROOM GETTING MY VITAMINS/MINERALS, FISH OIL AND VITAMIN C INTO MY COMPARTMENT TO TAKE LATER ON IN THE AM.
6:20AM- PREP MY GYM BAG WITH MY TRAINING JOURNAL/FOOD JOURNAL, PHONE, PEN, VITAMIN COMPARTMENT, FAT BURNER, LEAUCINE, BCAA
6:30AM- HEAD DOWNSTAIRS, FILL PROTEIN SHAKE WITH WATER ADD FAT BURNER, FILL WATER BOTTLE WITH WATER, POUR 1 SCOOP OF LEUCINE/BCAA IN IT.
6:35AM- HEAD TO THE BASEMENT WHERE MY GYM IS. TURN ON THE TV TO CHANNEL 7! CP24 BREAKFAST
6:38AM- TAKE FAT BURNER, CHECK FACEBOOK AND EMAIL.
6:45AM- WARM-UP FOR EXERCISE
8:15AM- TRAINING DONE, REST FOR 15MIN
8:30AM- HEAD UPSTAIRS, TIME TO MAKE BREAKFAST
9AM- EAT BREAKFAST WHILE WATCHING CP24 BREAKFAST AND BEING ON UPDATING FACEBOOK, RETURNING MSGS, TAKE VITAMINS
9:30AM- HEAD UPSTAIRS TO MY ROOM, DROP OFF MY GYM BAG
9:32AM- SHOWER
9:45AM-WAKE UP HUBBY TO GO TO WORK/PACK MEALS FOR THE DAY (ALL 5 MEALS)
10AM- IN THE CAR ON THE WAY TO WORK
****FROM THIS TIME TO 5:30-6PM, I'M WORKING, I'M ALSO EATING MY MEALS AND RECORDING THEM IN MY FOOD JOURNAL****
6:30PM- ARRIVE @ HOME. AFTER A JOYFUL GREETING FROM ROLI (COCKERSPANIEL) & JOE (GERMAN SHEPHERD) READY TO REST
***2X/WEEK I PREP MY MEALS IT USUALLY TAKES 1 HOUR***
7:45PM- SQUEEZE IN ONE LAST WORKOUT!
8:30PM- PUT MY FEET UP, CATCH UP WITH FRIENDS SPEND TIME WITH HUBBY, READ FITNESS MAGZ, TAKING NOTES, DO RESEARCH ON NEW EXERCISES AND EXERCISE FORM.
10PM- PLAN TRAINING DAY FOR THE FOLLOWING DAY
11PM- LAY DOWN AND START TO WINE DOWN (wishing I could down a wine bottle)
11:30PM- SLEEP TIME

This is a highlight of what happens in my day, this is what day shift looks like. Nights are different, I get up later on in the AM because I work till 1am or 2am depending the night, and I find its much easier but the hunger is what kills me when I work nights, its never the best of both worlds!

My fav part of the day other than training is chatting with my friends over Facebook, I believe the more you share positivity with your circle of friends, the more motivated you get them and also yourself and others notice too. I remember when I was trying to lose weight I couldn't connect with anyone that could relate to what I was going thru emotionally and I know that there are many woman and men who look for someone to guide them in some way, shape or form and I love being that person!! I love to help out anyone who wants to change there lifestyle to a more healthy and fit living one. People always think that they will have to give up everything when they want to lose weight but really its the opposite, you gain so much more by just making small changes at a time.

I post a lot about motivation because I remember saying " life's short, might as well eat and drink, I may die tomorrow without having lived" and now that I think of it, I was shortening my own life, and saying this to make myself feel better about what I was doing. I now realize that I haven't been living to my best potential. I wasn't doing anything for myself except make excuses and justify my bad eating habits and it also affected other areas of my life. With every stretch mark I have on my body, its a reminder of how I neglected myself for so many years! I love what my meals do for me, eating doesn't need to be indulging at every meal, food is fuel. As I always say, if you want to make the change, you first need to change the way you think about food. Without changing your mentality, there is no way you will maintain a healthy lifestyle. Without your health, your nothing and that's how I live my life right now.

My bikini competition is a new chapter for me, I'm closing one chapter from my past life and starting over, clean slate, and this time its going to be a healthy, fit lifestyle and the only things I'm taking with me are my experiences and lessons from the past, because I know that if I have these two components I can accomplish everything I want in my life and get other people to get motivated too. I us to think that there's no way you can start over, what would people think? that I'm fake... Well, let me tell you, anyone at any age can start over. Just because you've been one way your entire life doesn't mean that, that is who you are, we evolve, we change, we learn, we grow, we mature, things become more clear, you come to know whats right and whats wrong, so, change is within us all, we just have to take that step, and its not a chance, its not a leap of faith, its something that happens naturally and there is no flaw in that!

I goal is to continue helping and encouraging all my readers to stick to it, this is for you! no one else. Life is a stage, and we can make it what we want and put in it what we need to live a lifestyle worth living because we own a healthy heart, a healthy mentality we choose what stays and what gets tossed. I'm not saying we are prone to everything else in life but what I am saying is that, by doing this we become stronger people deep in our core and no matter what life throws at us we can face them head on.

I know I've said this many times but surrounding youself with friends and family that support you will give you that push you need to start or continue on your path and always remember that you may never know who else is watching you and learning from you, so, you also have the silent supporters.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend despite the weather. This Sunday Ill be in Niagara Falls, I'm really looking forward to my cheat meal, not sure what it is yet, haven't made up my mind, I kinda get an anxiety attack as the day approches lol. I'll keep you posted. Stay safe and healthy!






No comments:

Post a Comment