UFE SHOWDOWN

Saturday, April 27, 2013

.......lucky number 7..

another week, well, not just any week, I'm almost 7 weeks out. I get butterflies in my tummy just thinking about it, my heart starts beating faster and my eyes get a little teary lol. Talk about emotional lol. This week was awesome! The highlight was my bikini fitting. Lisa is amazing for what she does, she sees you and already knows what will look good and what won't. She knows how your going to look on stage and she makes you look out of this world! It was an interesting experience. I was able to meet some other competitors and also non-competitors but what has stayed with me the most is how friendly, encouraging and inspirational everyone is. I have never in my life, come across people who just want to put a smile on your face, its contagious because I go away with wanting to do that for somebody else. I'll be keeping my bikini suit a secret until competition day! I may hint at some stuff (bling bling) but an actual pic will be on JUNE 22 2013! Thanks Lisa again for you advice and sharp eye for detail! (https://www.facebook.com/#!/FXUniverse?fref=ts)

This has been a motivational week, many of you are posting pics and healthy comments which is excellent! Never give up on what you want and need to feel better inside and out. Invest the time and you will see results. Its tough some days but no one said it would be easy! In the next couple of weeks I'll start tanning, get a base for my spray tan and little by little it begins to sink in all over again! my bikini fitting was a mix of emotion, I felt happy, nervous, shocked and a sense of realization. I'm not sure how to explain it but as I was trying on all these bikinis it gave me a birds eye view of how far I've come and more so on the mental aspect than the physical. I go back to 2010 to the end of 2011 and I  remember how I felt about myself inside and out, feeling like I couldn't do anything right for myself, my self-esteem was low, I felt alone and not really fitting in anywhere (laterally) and as I was with Lisa, for first time in my life I felt that I mattered, that I have a purpose in life and that purpose is to continue what I'm doing because all I'm wanting to do is help others feel the same way; be happy with themselves inside and out. I don't know how I'm going to feel on competition day but what I can say is that I will be amongst family, friends and the most dedicated, disciplined people I could never imagine myself having the honour to be around, I will be amongst those people and I'm sure I will be overwhelmed with emotion and to spend it with my friends will be the culmination of it all, as these friends are the ones that support me and help me thru it all because motivation is not a one way street, its a two way, you give and you get. So, get going and soon enough you'll see that anything you put your mind to will happen for the simple fact that you're in full control and the rest will fall into place.
 
I posted this pic because this was my face when I was trying on the bikini's lol gosh there so tiny!








Thank you again Lisa, for making this experience a whole lot more memorable! and for all my awesome friends out there thank you for sticking by me and motivating me to go with this flow and I will continue to support and motivate all you! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment