UFE SHOWDOWN

Friday, February 8, 2013

Focus, Focus, Focus

Saturday I went to mom and dads house, there's nothing better than spending time with them, its by far the best time I have other than training. My parents are a great inspiration to me, they always have the right words to say, their advice is far beyond anything I could ever read about. I love how they sit and listen to everything I have to say and take in my words and always say positive things which uplift me and make me feel like I have an army behind me pushing me all the way. On another note Saturday was my cheat day. Sunday I was up by 12pm decided to sleep in, I was really tired, I did a full body work out it felt amazing had such a good pump! I've been wanting to spruce up my kickboxing cardio so, I went to walmart and picked up a pair of 5lb ankle/wrist weights, I love them!! I wear them around my ankles in the house and if I'm sitting watching TV I'll put them on my wrists and during commercial breaks I'll do some sets! I love it!

I know I mentioned before that I am doing this on my own, and I have seen amazing results which I will be sharing with you shortly. I have been in contact with a few amazing woman who have been and still train for bikini competitions not only here in Ontario but across the country including the states. I find these woman so inspirational and they have opened there experience with me which is such a blessing for me right now cause I'm the type of girl who does not leave things to the last minute, I like to take my time and because of that I always start way before hand, plus I find that I don't get as nervous if I've been preparing with a lot of time on my hands. I've enlisted the help of a bikini pro, here name is Erin Bryn Plato (https://www.facebook.com/#!/erin.plato?fref=ts) I've checked her out, spoken to her and I know I will be well prepared for JUNE!!! I cannot wait to start my meal plan and work out plan with her, the good thing is that its all online, and won't need to go to no gym, as you know I avoid gyms at all costs, it just doesn't work for me so, I will continue to train at home. As for my meals I know I'v been doing very well with the food but as I lose the fat I also need to know how much I will need to consume to keep my muscle from breaking down, and since I am not experienced in that field I know Erin will help me out. As the date approaches, my diet will change and also my water in-take will change as well, so I rather do things right rather then ruin what I've worked so hard to get in 6 months. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Next month I will be attending a seminar for posing and also to discuss what will be expected at the competition. If you don't know, the bikini division is not only on how lean you are but also over all appearance, skin tone, sexiness etc, and this will all be discussed at the seminar and I'll definitely be sharing all the details with you!

I have to mention that January and February are passing by very quickly!!  which I love and at the same time I don't. I love it cause I can't wait for spring and summer to arrive! and I don't cause I'm trying to embrace this amazing change that's happening to me. I write everything I do and I hope to enjoy these next 4 months leading to competition day!!

Another thing I wanted to share with you, is that it can become pretty lonely being on this journey. I work out on my own, I eat on my own, I have my mood swings which no one understands (and neither do I lol), I can't go out to restaurants with friends and alcohol....well alcoholic drinks are at the bottom of the list, not that its super important right now but a glass of wine would be nice after a tough day. So how do I cope? I push thru all those feelings like a bulldozer, I open myself up on this blog, I stay connected with woman and men that are in the same mind set, I motivate others who are not and I listen to music on my Ipod and let all my frustration out when I train. I cannot stress the importance of staying on track even when the world around you is tumbling from one side to the other. Just because I motivate others and myself as well, it does not mean I have no problems. I'm very in tune with my surroundings and at times situations do effect me, I do get angry, and of course its difficult to come out of it at times. The only thing that can help me is WORKING OUT!!! when I'm in my zone I leave everything there, it does not come back with me, I let all that negative energy sweat out of my pores, I exhale all my frustration and push myself harder and harder every time! I will not give up or allow my surroundings to demolish my goals and where I'm going. I also want to thank all of the woman and men who uplift me everyday, leaving positive comments and letting me know how I am motivating them, but really, they motivate me to keep pushing, so, thank you!!

Don't give up, picture yourself where you need to be, to be the best you can be! You never know whose watching.

I know I said I would be posting progress pics at the end of the month, but I want to share with you my progress and here are some pics I took this week.






2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!! You are making great progress!!! You are looking amazing so keep up the great work!
    It's too bad you are feeling lonely and I wish i was close to you to be able to train with you because I am lost and don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete